- Provide Customer Service to the general public.
- Project Manager for the Water Treatment Plant Project.
- Manage the Water, Wastewater and Tax Supported Capital Improvements Projects and Programs approved by Town Meeting.
- Technical review and assistance is provided to the DPW Divisions and other Town Departments as Planning, Conservation Commission, Management Services and Town Counsel.
- Provide technical and on site assistance to the operating divisions of the Public Works Department. i.e. - Phase II Stormwater, Mass Works Application for Endicott Street.
- Manage and maintain the GIS Mapping and Databases for the development and implementation of Water, Sewer, Drainage and Roadway Infrastructure layers within the GIS Mapping System.
- Client Contact and Project Manager for the Town’s Consulting Engineers maintaining and improving the Town’s water, wastewater, roadway, and drainage infrastructure systems.
- Town Engineer is Town’s Representative to SESD Board.
- Manage the Infiltration and Inflow Program funded through SESD.
- Provide daily construction inspections for subdivision and site plan projects.
- Provide design reviews, bond estimates and Department Recommendations for subdivision plans and site plans filed the Planning Board.
- The Engineering Division prepares Notices of Intents and represents the Public Works Department before the Conservation Commission.
- Provide design reviews and Department Recommendations to the Notice of Intent filings with the Conservation Commission by Developers.
- Provides Technical Review to the Board of Appeals with respect to Chapter 40B Applications and local flood plain district and Site Plan Bylaw requirements.
- Approval of all State & Local water and sewer connection permits.
- The Town Engineer is the Designee / Contact for the Dam Safety program.
- Approving Authority for all local and State sewer connections and extensions.
- Manage and Administer the Street Layout and Acceptance Program.
- Prepare Massachusetts Highway Department State Highway road opening permits.
- Maintain as-built plans and records of the Town’s infrastructure, easements etc.
- Prepare sewer betterment assessments.
- Represent the Department as member of DTAC.
- Perform limited surveying of Street Lines and Town Property.
- The Division prepares plans, specifications and supervises construction of small projects.
WATER & SEWER APPLICATIONS:
You must come into the office (1 Burroughs Street) in person to fill out Water and Sewer Applications. They can be obtained at the front counter.